Hope Silver (www.hopesilver.ru)
– Life is a gift, – said the wrapping paper.
– Life is imagination, – pronounced the writing paper, confidently.
– Life is a rainbow! – exclaimed the colored paper.
– Life is current events, – reported the newspaper.
– Life is s[…], – concluded the toilet paper, gloomily.
(SILVER, Hope / Nadezhda Serebrennikova. Curious Things. Berkeley – CA-USA, 2015).
Different points of view, different perceptions, different conclusions. Different roles in life. Hope prevails, however. Nothing, no matter how determinist it seems to be, is definitive.
My daughter offered a new end to the story and to the melancholic toilet paper. Run out of other stuff, she filled with pieces of toilet paper the cute toys she was crocheting.
The lesson applies to the writing paper and the colored one, and is useful to the wrapping paper e the newspaper, after the present has been opened and the news has been read:
Life – with art – is fulfillment.
You can also see:
This post in Portuguese: E a vida, o que é?